Friday, November 6, 2009

ANTS!

There are ants EVERYWHERE. And in EVERYTHING! They are a nuisance and it seems, no matter what you do to try and rid your home of them, they always come back, sometimes in a different spot.

I cannot leave anything on my kitchen counter for fear they will get infested with ants. Drop a crumb on the floor and minutes later, you'll see it swarming and covered with ants. I had to remove my cereal box from the top of the refrigerator because the ants had gotten to it. I see them marching along doors, in lines along the wall, on the highchair, computer desk, the bathroom sink, even in the microwave of all places. They get into and out of anything. And there is nothing you can do about it.

I have tried spraying them to death, spraying their holes and hiding places, only to find them coming from a different hole or hiding place sometime later. They may leave one spot just to find another. And as quickly as they come, they go, only to come back again.

I have to say, even though I detest the little buggers, they are harmless. These tiny ants don't bite. I feel them running along my skin now and again but they never dare nip at you. Which is good. They are not as bad as say, cock roaches or mice. So even though I hate that they are everywhere, I'll take them over those other creepy crawly nasties any day.

I do still wish there was a way to get rid of them though. I hate having a house filled with ants. But it's a way of life in Costa Rica. Show me a home WITHOUT ants and I'll kneel at your feet and try to convince you to switch houses. LOL. Not really. But seriously, is there a home in Costa Rica without ants....even a few ants? Any home? Any home at all? I doubt it.

No comments: