Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bummer

It seems to me that winter has arrived in Costa Rica already... it's not even time yet. Winter usually kicks of it's rainy season in mid-May... giving us the whole month of April to enjoy the last few moments of really nice weather.

Well the last few weeks, it's been raining like clockwork in the afternoons. We still get the morning to enjoy some nice warm weather, but then it changes. Like Boston, the weather seems undecided. You don't like the weather, then wait a few minutes (that's what they say in Bean town). So if it's too hot for ya, then come noon, it'll cool way down and rain a little (or a lot).

I was hoping for a few more weeks without rain. I know the plants desperately need it; so do the animals, etc. But I didn't enjoy my summer vacation as much because summer this year was just 'meh'. It really didn't stay consistent with the weather and I thought it was just weird. Even March, usually one of the hottest months, was chilly and gloomy too many days for my liking.

I am so confused with the weather now. Even the May beetles (those flying beetles that bombard us for the month) are upon us. I guess Costa Rican weather is finally doing what weather does best: being unpredictable.

No comments: