Monday, April 23, 2012

THE Dream Dress

I found my dress!!!!!! I cannot believe it! I am still on cloud 19!!! After my last (and first) dress shopping appointment, I was not really looking forward to more fittings. To be honest, I was over the whole experience and didn't have hope in finding a dress I would love. I actually thought I would be looking for months before I found something I could be happy with. Not to mention the prices. They are so insane, I was worried I wouldn't be able to afford something in my budget.

I thought about renting a mediocre dress (after all what will I do with the dress after the wedding?) But the whole idea of buying a dress that was mine to keep was still in the back of my mind of something I wanted to do.

It was by chance I found my dream dress. I went back to the dressmaker's shop to pick up the quote for a custom made dress, when I saw a wedding dress on a mannequin that I liked. I asked her assistant to let me know the price of the dress in hopes it would be cheaper than the quote I was given for a dress made from scratch.

After a few days, the dress was still there and each and every time I saw it, I fell more and more in like with it. So one day, I went in and talked to the owner and let her know the quote she had given me was too high, what my budget was and asked about the already made dress she had for sale. When she told me the price, I couldn't help but hope that my strong like for the dress could turn into love if I just tried it on. So I made an appointment for a fitting.

After I put on the dress... it just felt RIGHT! I did not want to take it off. It was perfect (if a little too big). It was THE dress. The one I had in my mind of what I wanted. I couldn't believe I had found my dress and I could not believe I could finally stop looking for the one because I had found it, in a local seamstress's shop. After the shock and awe, I bought the dress right then and there.

The dress has cap sleeves (yes, I never wanted strapless). The sleeves criss-cross in the back with 4 straps. It is a princess dress and light and fluffy but not too puffy. It is simple yet still elegant. I cannot wait to get married in it.

Now, the dress is not ready yet. My payment was a deposit, and then I pay a minimum amount every couple of weeks. The total price of the dress includes all the alterations, a cleaning and a good pressing and a crinoline to make the skirt fuller and give it more of a ball gown princess effect. To be honest, there was only one minor issue that needed fixing on the dress, so I am anxious to see how it fits after all the work is done. And I am glad it didn't need too much done to it at all.

I am just so excited to have finally found a dress I love, my dream dress without having to settle or paying an astronomical amount of money. Having the dress makes the wedding seem so much more real.


My dream dress... I felt like a princess!

No comments: