Saturday, September 27, 2014

It's My Birthday

Or, it WAS my birthday, yesterday.  Septemeber 26, 2014 marked my 34th year of life upon this earth and as birthdays go, for me, it was just another (ordinary) day.  As the saying goes, one year older, one year.. wiser?  Yeah, I feel wiser alright.

Despite the fact that, yes, it was my birthday, nothing earth shattering occured.  Nothing special took place... oh, wait, let me take that back.  See, for MY birthdays, I really don't do much in the way of celebrations (I leave that for my kids' birthdays, obviously).  But I do think it is a special day and like to spend it with the special people in my lives, namely my kids and my hubby. 

I was able to spend the day with the kiddos and true to form, my amazing Princess would not let the day go by without marking the occasion with homemade gifts and a special celebration only her precious little mind could concieve up.  She not only made my day, she made my etire birthday extra special.  She spent the better part of the day making me presents and then nearing the end of the night, she made me a special treat that only a kid could really think up: a piece of cheese topped with jelly beans on a plate.  She even went next door to get her grandma so they could all sing me happy birthday.  It brought me close to tears: how much time and effort my little girl put into making my birthday a wondrous event and all because I told her earlier in the day that I didn't get birthday parties anymore.  She is truly amazing.

We, meaning my princess and JC, gorged just a little bit on jelly beans and gumballs and then it was time for bed.  Oh and a few friends and family members called and texted to wish me a happy birthhay, which was sweet.  It really turned out to be a wonderful birthday afterall.... until hubby got home... but that is another blog post for another time (why rain on this birthday blog parade).

So I am one year older, another year wiser it seems and super happy to be alive living a dream.  Today I will use my birthday money (a gift from mother in law) to do some well needed shopping.

No comments: