Friday, March 4, 2016

March Mayhem

We've finally hit the month of March and it has been a whirlwind for sure.  First off, it's my oldest son's birthday month.  My first born baby boy will be turning 16 years of age on the 28th, so of course, I had to plan a celebration to mark such a special occasion and milestone in all our lives.

He is a teenager, so a themed party was out of the question.  But we had to do something different (not another restaurant birthday dinner) AND it had to be FUN!  I threw a few ideas out for him to choose from and he finally picked one, which makes me so excited...maybe even more than him.

We'll be celebrating his birthday the weekend before his actual birthDAY at a place in Costa Rica called SKYJUMP (https://www.facebook.com/SKY-JUMP-348592975255794/), just the fam and two of his good friends from school.

It was initially my hubby's idea and it looks like a ton of fun.  So the floor is just one big trampoline and you can do flips, jumps and just have a good ole' time. Then, as per my request, we'll have a small birthday celebration at home after we've jumped our brains out with cake, ice-cream sandwiches and some fast food (burgers, sandwiches, fries...)

Second of all, Easter falls on the 27th of March this year.  So on top of my son's birthday celebration, we'll also be celebrating Easter as well.

Easter is not a big "to-do" in my house, but we look forward to this special holiday every year because we have our little traditions that we all really enjoy.  Just about every year, I set up an Easter scavenger egg hunt for the kids.  They have to look for eggs to find the clues that will lead them to their baskets.  And, of course, they have the baskets themselves!  What would Easter be without Easter baskets?  (Well, it would still be Easter, but I'm just sayin').

I like to make sure that I pack a few really fun goodies in the kids' baskets for Easter for them to enjoy, along with some chocolates and a few pieces of candy.  Not too much candy but enough to make it special. I never go overboard with Easter but somehow, it always seems like such a special and magical day.  And to top it all off, I make a really nice Linner (lunch/dinner) for the family to enjoy.  I haven't set my menu yet, but I am sure whatever I make will be enjoyed by all.

No comments: