Friday, May 26, 2017

Making a HUGE Decision

I got a job.  A real job.  A real working from home job.  And I am not sure if I really want it.  You see, I have a dilemma.  I thought I found that perfect job that I had been looking for.  It was a writing job, which I could not be more happy about.  It was writing for a blog! How perfect, right?  Unfortunately, after the initial first call, I have not heard any news.  No interview.  No details.  Nothing.  So I had to move on.

Since I was not finding the jobs I wanted (or should I say, the jobs I wanted weren't calling me back), I decided to try my luck with regular jobs.  I tried Amazon, which didn't work out.  Then yesterday, a job I was not really expecting to hear from called me.  They want to hire me as a customer service rep and requested a few items.  Items that I need to have if I want to legally work in Costa Rica.  Now, I've never worked in Costa Rica before, so this will be a first for me.  It's a work from home job of course, which is nice,  but it's 10 freaking hours a day!  Ten hours a day, 5 days a week.  They require me to work on Saturdays, which is not ideal, but it only involves answering the phones.  Not sure what the calls will be about yet, but I'll make it a point to ask at the interview.

I'm not sure I want a full time job with such a rigid schedule.  It was actually one of the things I did not want while I was searching for a work from home position.  However, the pay is good (not great, but enough to make a difference).  And it is at home, so that's a bonus.  So, I'll give the job a go. It won't hurt to just try and see if it might work out.  I might be able to start off full time and go part time if the work load proves too much.  I might even be able to ask for a more flexible schedule once I get my foot in the door and prove my worth.

 I can't believe it has proven this difficult to find the perfect work from home job. They either all want full time hours with a rigid schedule (and a full work load) or don't offer enough money for me to waste my time.  And the ones that seem perfect just seem too good to be true as they never respond to my emails.  It's quite the dilemma.  I feel stuck.  And yet, I feel good knowing that all it takes is for me to try a few jobs out to see which one will work for me.  The search continues.

No comments: