Friday, June 23, 2017

The Real Karate Kid?

Does my 8 year old look like Jaden Smith?  You know, Will Smith's son from the Karate Kid movie reboot.

Everywhere we go and everyone we meet, I get the same reaction.  People seem to think my son looks exactly like Jaden Smith as the Karate kid.  I know it's because he has braids but people think he has the same facial features as well.

I am used to my 8 year old getting a lot of attention when we go out.  As a toddler, he got the same reaction from people for his head full of yellowish light brown, curly hair.  Strangers would touch his head all the time just to feel his hair.  People would stop me and ask me if that was his natural hair color.  They wanted to touch his curls and some could not resist the urge to rub their fingers through his hair.

He got so much attention every time we went out that he started to actually hate it.  He couldn't understand why people loved his hair so much.  And why oh why did they always have to touch it (a lot of times without even asking if they could.)  Just walking by, a random person would just rub their hands through his hair as they walked passed.  He got really tired of that really fast.

He didn't like when people compared him to Jaden Smith at first either but now he's actually used to it and takes it as a compliment because the Karate Kid is now one of his favorite movies.

What do you think? Doe she look like the Karate Kid?


No comments: