Sunday, April 22, 2018

Another Birthday Prep Blog

It's April and my daughter turns 11 this month, which means it's time to start planning her celebration.  She has decided against a party this year and just wants to do something 'fun'.  We had to brainstorm fun activities we could do as a family because when it comes to my daughter's birthday, she can be a little picky.  Parties seemed to be simpler to plan as all she would have to decide on was the theme and then I could just take charge from there.  But when it comes to 'planning' a special celebration for her birthday, she can be a little indecisive.

This year she didn't want to do anything she had already done which I was ok with.  Having 4 kids, it's hard not to duplicate but when we decided on the activity it was a done deal and I could finally plan the day.

As her birthday this year falls on a Thursday, we will just be celebrating with cupcakes at school (if permitted by her teacher of course) and then pizza and a cake at home.  The real celebrating will commence on the Saturday after her actual birthday at the water park in Orotina, a town about an hour and a half from San Jose.

It'll be the perfect way to celebrate her birthday and it will be an entire day filled with fun.  We'll have to leave early in the am, around 8 or 9 so we can take advantage of the water park for the entire day.  We have the option of also having lunch included in our entrance price, which I think we will do since we are celebrating a birthday. And when I celebrate birthdays, I like to go BIG!  A birthday comes around once a year.  It is a celebration of your existence on this earth, marking your special place in this world.  It should be an unforgettable occasion and I like to make sure my kids birthdays are memorable.

Going to a super fun water park will make for some great memories for years to come and it'll almost be like a mini getaway but close to home and just for the day.  I know my kids will all have a blast.

No comments: