Saturday, August 4, 2018

Feeling Stretched

It's been about a month and a half since my nephews arrived in Costa Rica to spend their summer vacation with us and I have to admit, I am feeling a bit worn out.  I am that mom, the one who enjoys planning fun outings for the kids, shuffling the children back and forth to their after school activities and making life run just a little more on the smooth side when it comes to making sure everything is ok and everyone's basic needs are met.  Add 2 more kids to that equation and I am feeling the burn out.

I love having my nephews here and they are experiencing so many new adventures and learning so much.  And it's a benefit for my kids to have my side of the family to interact with on a more frequent basis.  I grew up with my cousins and my kids just don't get that, so it's nice that they get these 2 months of 'bonding' time. Yes, they also fight and argue and disagree but that's life and you take the good with the bad. 

It's all new territory and we are all trying to navigate the best we can.  I do have more on my plate so to speak and I can adapt to change fairly well.  But I do yearn for the days when we can all go back to our normal lives.  It's a lot to take care of 5 kids and 2 adults day in and day out.  I do it because it's what I do, what I need to do and have to do and most importantly WANT to do.  But I am human and I do feel a bit stretched will need to take a mini break very soon.

No comments: