Monday, March 14, 2022

New Year Who Dis?

 I don't like last minute invites. Inviting me to a celebration the day off turns me off. I need time to prepare mentally for a night out so usually same day invitations get a no from me. 

Fast forward semi post pandemic and virtually all invites get a yes from me. Who I am? Last minute invites would almost always see me making up some excuse as to why I couldn't go. And now, with a new found appreciation for gatherings, I hate finding ways to get out of a last minute celebration.

My thought process now is, if I'm not mentally ready for a night on the town, is to go anyway. Even if just for an hour or two. What harm can that do to my otherwise peaceful night at home? Life is just way too short and way too precious to not live in the little moments. Plus, it serves as a good excuse for a date night.



No comments: