Saturday, June 24, 2023

Learning History Through Play

 One of the best ways to learn about something is to be hands-on. When it comes to History, there's more to it than just reading a book.  When my kids have a history project, they do more than just write a report. They study the culture, learn the language,  make the food, and design the clothing.  They get hands on and immerse themselves into their work. That helps them to understand the culture that much more.



My son representing the Maori people of New Zealand


My daughter representing a person from the kingdom of Ghana








All the different cultures and people from a Roman guard to a Gypsy to a Japanese Geisha



And on another academic note, my 9 year old's 4th grade class won 1st place in the school's Science fair. I am indeed a proud parent.



No comments: