Monday, September 18, 2023

Celebrating Birthday's Are So Bittersweet

 I love celebrations;  holidays, graduations, weddings, birthdays,  I love them all. They bring so much joy. But when it comes to birthdays, specifically my children's birthdays, it's always such a bittersweet moment.

As a mother, I am so proud to see my kids grow and mature and become their own person. But at the same time, I miss how they were the older the get. As my son celebrated his 15th birthday I couldn't help but be a little emotional reminiscing about his days as a toddler,  learning the ways of the world as a new human. 

He is no longer a baby but a full blown teenager and it all makes me happy and sad at the same time. But oh how I love to celebrate him on his special day, so celebrate him we did.








No comments: