Friday, September 30, 2016

We Bought A CAR!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we finally did it.  We finally got a car!  I am feeling a range of emotions right now so it's hard to really describe how I truly feel.  But I do feel excitement!  Yes, of course, excited but mixed with so many other feelings that I actually feel confused about how I feel, if that makes any sense at all.  But lets for the moment go with my feeling of excitement (for the sake of this blog anyway.)

After years of needing a newer, bigger vehicle.  After months of research.  After the trials an errors and ups and downs.  After the long drawn out process of dealing with the loan officers at the bank and all the legal paperwork that goes into getting a car, we finally drove our brand new car home today.  Our dream has come true, we now have a new family vehicle.  And it could not be more sweet.  So what did we get?

We got the brand new 2017 Toyota Avanza, 7 passenger MPV.  It is nicer in person and way cooler than the videos on youtube make it seem.   It's a champagne color and it has a touch screen dash.  It has a ton of cupholders (so important in a car when you have kids), and it comes with a rear camera (well, that still has to be installed).  

We were at the dealership for about an hour and a half getting all the little details worked out.  Papers were signed, copies were made, things were explained such as the warranties, roadside assistance, insurance coverage, etc.  And then we signed our life away to be in debt for the next 7 years LOL.

A good debt that it may be and for us, a necessary debt as we needed a car for our family.  But debt is debt so we'll be working to pay this car off as fast as we can.  Less than 7 years for sure.

But we got a freaking brand new car (and we had loads of help getting it, so credit must be given where it is due).  So OMG!!!!  We have our car!  And the most exciting part:  for the first time in the 10 years I have been living in Costa Rica, I'll be able to drive again.  That makes me giddy!!!

2 comments:

Jeromy said...


I too remember that mix of emotions you are feeling after getting the new car. I remember how hard it was for me to let go of old Betsy. She took care of all my kids, but once they moved out, it was time to downsize. I love my new car, but I also miss the reliability of that older car too.

Rina said...

Congrats on your new car. Yes, letting go of something can be hard, even if it's old. But we were so ready to say goodbye to our car... it was just way too small. We are still loving the new car and all the possibilities it affords us. Happy New Year.