Friday, August 18, 2017

A Second Mother's Day

One of the many beauties of living in Costa Rica is that I get to celebrate two Mother's Days.  I get my official day in May, where I am treated like royalty and then again, in August I get the same special treatment.  It's nice to feel appreciated and I get double the appreciation in Costa Rica, having two days just for me.

The funny part is, my celebration in May is a little more subdued because the only people in Costa Rica that celebrate mother's day in May are the expats.  In August is when everyone goes crazy. The stores are all decorated, Mother's Day paraphernalia everywhere.  The schools offer special handmade or store bought gifts for a small price and the best part of it all; the kids don't have school! Mother's Day is actually a holiday in Costa Rica, can you believe that?!  They sure know how to treat moms in this country.

So I take full advantage of my two special Mother's Day celebrations because mom's should be celebrated every single day anyway.




No comments: