Friday, August 11, 2017

Planning A Party On A TIGHT Budget

I am no stranger to budgeting, especially when it comes to party planning.  But this year, my budget seems to be even tighter than ever before.  I don't mind having to stick to a budget when I plan parties because in all honesty, I think it's a good thing.

I really do not need to spend a heap of money on party decor and unnecessary favors.  As we all know, decorations end up in the trash at the end of the day and a lot of the party favors do too.  As much as I love all the DIY touches of my decor and how much flavor it adds to the theme and atmosphere of the actual party, DIY doesn't always mean cheap!  So budgeting helps me keep the DIY to a minimum.

I've also started taking a simpler approach to party planning as it's just less stressful that way.  And keeping the menu simple has also been a great way to keep the stress of party planning at bay.  When planning a party, a simple menu is key as well as budget friendly.

I love parties and I love party planning but I find that when I keep it low key and minimal is when I have the most fun.  Parties aren't about fancy food and over the top decorations.  It's not about going overboard spending a ton of money on a one day affair.  Kids don't care if you spend $50 or $500 on their party, they just want cake and the ability to run around and have fun with their friends.

Parties are about coming together and spending some good quality time with friends and family; being able to catch up and reminisce with people you haven't seen in a while.  People have busy lives these days and a party is a good opportunity to escape that hectic day to day routine for a few hours. It's about having some good old fashioned fun.  So even though I am planning a party on a super tight budget, I remind myself, it's not about how much money I spend on this party. It's about the memories we create and the moments we share with the ones we care the most about.

No comments: