Friday, October 13, 2017

No Time For Breakfast

You know when you're so busy, you don't even have time to sit for even 5 minutes to have a quick breakfast?  That was me on Thursday.  The entire week had me feeling like I could not catch my breath but Thursday took the cake. 

I usually don't EAT breakfast in the mornings.  Just a steaming cup of hot chocolate (3 packages mixed with water to be exact), will do me good for breakfast most days.  However, Thursday, all I managed to eat for breakfast was half of a banana that I shared with my 4 year old.  I didn't even find the time to sit down to eat it.  I literally wolfed it down while rushing to my car in the supermarket parking lot.  Yeah, classy!

The week was a busy one, but a really interesting one too.  Tuesday and Wednesday, I was a judge at the Regional English Festival.  The event started at 7:30, which meant I had to be up and dressed by 6:45 am.  Can you tell I'm not much of a morning person.  I can get up, but to have to get READY that early?  Me no like!

Thursday I was a presenter at the kids school for the Cultural Day celebration.  I did a presentation in front of the entire school assembly style on my homeland of Jamaica.  Since Culture Day is celebrating different cultures, I had to inform a group of students about Jamaican culture and history.  Having very little knowledge on that subject matter myself, I had to do a bit of research which meant I had homework I had to do.  That kept me busy most of Wednesday night, until I finally called it quits at around 12am.  And of course, I was up at 6am on Thursday, where I had to drop the kids at school, rush my 4 year to playgroup and then rush back to the kids school for my presentation.

If I felt out of breath, it's because I was going about 3 miles a minute trying to get it all done in a short amount of time.  I could have done most of the project a day or so earlier but seeing as my brain refused to shut down at the beginning of the week, I ended up with a massive headache Tuesday night, rendering me useless.

On top of having to do all my other duties as a mom and housewife, I was also running around shopping for Christmas.  But it's Friday now and as quickly as the week came, it's over.  And so is my super hectic week.  I have to admit though, that it was all worth it.  I had a very good week and gained a lot by having given my time to a few good events.  As for tomorrow, I will sleep in and take a lazy day. 


No comments: