Sunday, June 17, 2018

Career Day 2018

Ask almost any kid growing up in Costa Rica what they want to be when they grow up and the answer will most likely be a soccer player.  Living in a country heavily influenced by 'futbol', as is the correct term in almost every other country than the USA, it is more than just a game it's a way of life.

When it came time for the kids to pick a career for the day, where they would get to dress up as said career, I knew both my boys would want to be soccer players.  My middle son especially LOVES the sport.  And dressing as a soccer player is so easy as he already has a uniform.  But when it came time for my 4 year old to choose, I wanted him to be more unique.  As I knew majority of the kids would dress as a "footballer", I thought it would be a good idea to show him a few options and have him choose.  And he chose wisely.  As he loves music and to sing, he chose to be a musician for the day.  More accurately, he chose to be a Rock Star.  Check out my little Carlos Santana look alike.


And as it turned out, there weren't actually THAT many soccer players on career day after all.  I did see a lot of doctors and nurses though, as well as  few police officers.  But there were a few standouts, like the astronaut, the chef, the construction worker, the president/business man and the teacher.  The kids for sure had a blast and it was all in good fun seeing what all the different careers kids chose for the day. 



No comments: