Monday, May 11, 2020

A Quiet Mother's Day At Home

It was a good day.  Not a great day but I was pretty content with my Mother's Day. There were no fancy gifts, no elaborate plans or overly embellished cards.  It was simple, plain and simple. And for a celebration in quarantine, I really didn't mind the quiet day at home. 

My wonderful kids all made me simple yet beautifully created cards for my keepsake pile and that was the extent of the gift giving.  I made a delicious dinner and then pretty much chilled in bed the rest of the day.  It was my kind of celebration and I guess I would not have had it any other way.  No rushing to get ready, no pressure of picking the perfect place to go.  No unwanted presents and wasted dollars. It was just the Mother's day I needed this year, a quiet Mother's Day at home.

Now, as far as the rest of the year and upcoming celebrations and holidays, only time will tell how we will be allowed to celebrate.  Restaurants are opening back up slowly, as well as certain stores.  I want to take this time stuck at home to appreciate the little things, having no obligations and having nowhere to go.  And then when the world is ready to get back to normal, I will be waiting with my fancy jeans on, ready to go out and conquer.

No comments: