Monday, November 1, 2021

The English Festival

 I was invited to partake in my daughter's high school English fest as a spectating parent and what an event it was.  Each grade level had a theme, from video games to the Grammys.  And each theme was represented by a variety of characters.  Each character gave a brief introduction of themselves, including likes, dislikes and favorite pastimes.  And it was all done in English.  I was really impressed with each character's description of themselves and how well each student did with their presentations.  Plus, their understanding and oral capabilities of a second language was really outstanding. I look forward to m any more events like this.


My daughters 8th grade class chose a video game theme and my daughter decided on Jade from Mortal Combat as her character.  Her research and dedication to the character was impressive.






No comments: