Sunday, March 5, 2023

Getting Stuff Done (For Our Vow Renewal)

 We're now just over 3 months away from our vow renewal and things are starting to feel so real. 

Though I've had my wedding,  this renewal feels strangely similar, albeit just a tab bit less stressful and way less work.

I planned my entire wedding by myself on a strict budget. Well semi strict. I started out with zero dollars and a backyard wedding idea onto a roughly $4000 budget and two venues, one for our ceremony and one for our reception. 

 I had all the bells and whistles too. I had the photographer,  the caterer, the florist, the baker, the dress and transportation.  I made my wedding into a dream wedding with lots of compromising and DIY.

 True, I didn't get my dream venue but I got a dream venue. True, I had to work within my budget with every single vendor but I got every single vendor I wanted, well minus video and coordinator but that's another story. Fact is, I got my dream wedding. 

So why, you ask, do I want to do it all again by renewing my vows. Because I can and because I want to. I knew I wanted a vow renewal right after I got married. And 10 years later, here we are. Happily getting married for the second time to the same man. 

This time, we have a bigger budget so I get to have my dream wedding just the way I want it. I get to do things and have things this time around  that I wasn't able to afford the first time, like a coordinator, a videographer and the dream venue. 

Essentially, we want an amazing party to celebrate our renewed commitment to one another, to celebrate love in all its glory. To showcase the strength of our relationship that has withstood so much over the last 24 years. We've been tested and came to the brink of being broken but we persevered and now want to share our joy with family and friends.

That's the real reason we want to renew our vows. Everything else is just icing on an already delicious cake.

Moving ahead with the smaller things in the planning process, we got our favor signage made. Envelopes for the tea bags and tags for the chocolates. My sisters got their bridesmaids dresses. And I was able to print a few invitations for the less tech savvy guests on my list. 

Everything is just coming together so nicely and it helps that most of the planning is being done for me by my amazing venue. 






No comments: