Saturday, August 27, 2016

Maybe Some Good News!!!!

I don't want to get my hopes up too too much BUT, we might be getting our family car a lot sooner than we thought!!! EEEKKK!!!!!

I am so excited but I have to remain calm and cool.  So remember I blogged my disappointment about the car buying process in Costa Rica.  It basically sucks.  So we went to look at a car we thought we wanted... knew we wanted as it was in our price range meaning we could afford the monthly payments and it fit our entire family with a little room to spare.  That turned out awful.  We didn't go as prepared as we thought we were so we did not get to buy the car.  Yes, I was a baby and I cried.

Fast forward to now and we are about to get an even better car,  in a matter of weeks.  OMG I am too stoked.  So the car we are about to get is a 2017 Toyota Avanza.  It is very similar in class to the Suzuki Ertiga as that they are both considered compact MPVs (multipurpose vehicles).  They both look like a cross between a compact mini van and a compact SUV.  The Avanza is slightly roomier than the Ertiga and has a slightly bigger trunk space.  It also has a slightly more powerful motor but still remains fuel efficient.  They are both 7 passenger vehicles and are considered safe for families, which was the most important.

They are both marketed to families with small kids who are looking for compact cars with more space but are more economical and affordable.  But we all love the Avanza a lot more than the Ertiga.  The body style looks to me more like an SUV than the Ertiga.  And because it is a Toyota we feel a little more comfortable about the maintenance.

I am so excited I can barely contain myself.  But I don't want what happened to us the last time to happen again, so I am still being cautious.  Updates to come.

2016 Toyota Avanza Google Image

No comments: