Saturday, August 20, 2016

Party Planning, Prepping and The Like!

It's party time again!!  I am super excited.  And a little bit sad.  My baby, my last child, will be turning three years old this month.  The 29th of August to be exact and it is a truly bittersweet moment.  I always knew this day would come and it brings so much joy to my soul yet tears to my eyes to see my baby boy grow up.

Enough setimenta (LOL).  Lets get to the party planning.  I am planning a nice little birthday party for my munchkin, a Cowboy Western themed party and I am super excited to see it all come together.  Of course I got a ton of ideas online.  And of course I am getting out my glue gun and my scissors 'cuz it's DIY time.  I love DIYing decor and the like for my kids' parties.  not only is it fun but it saves money too.  And because I am not trying to be all extra, I keep my DIY decorations on the simple side so they are super easy to do.

For the decor, we are keeping it simple with a red, blue and brown color scheme.  My Hubby made 2 wanted posters of the birthday boy to go along with the Western theme.  And the invitations came out so super cute with the "You Are Wanted" at the top.  Because as we all know, the invite sets the tone for your party.

We have sheriff badges for the kids, gold coins and handcuffs for prizes.  A few horses for table decor and some cute cowboy boot cup centerpieces.  I cannot wait to see it all come together.  We even got the birthday boy a cowboy hat to wear on his special day.  He looks so darn cute in it.  He'll be a hit at the party.

When it comes to parties, I like to keep things simple but I love adding special touches to set my parties apart from the norm.  I want my kids to feel special on their day but also for my guests to feel welcomed and have a ton of fun.  And I love bringing a theme to life to make people feel like I have transported them to that specific era or place in time.  Whether it be by adding small touches here and there like wanted posters, butcher block paper, or cowboy boot centerpieces, I know it will be a rootin' tootin' good 'ole time.

My Little Cowboy!

No comments: