Saturday, November 19, 2016

Countdown To T-Day

The official countdown to Thanksgiving has begun and I cannot wait.  I am doing a few things a bit differently this year than in previous years and I am excited to see how the day goes.   Like for instance, decorating for Christmas a bit earlier than usual this year.  The anti pre-Thanksgiving decorating for Christmas nazis are not going to like that.  But I would love to have the Christmas tree up and lit for Thanksgiving.  I just think it will give the house a bit of holiday ambiance.  Plus, seeing as I don't have much Thanksgiving decor out this year anyway, a bit of Christmas decor flare is needed.  And on the plus side, I get to enjoy my holiday decor for a little bit longer.

Another thing I am doing differently this year for Thanksgiving is not hosting a huge crowd:  it's just going to be my immediate family for dinner this year.  I love hosting.  I love a big crowd.  And I love celebrating this special day with friends, especially those who are not used to celebrating Thanksgiving.  But I decided not to host a grand Thanksgiving meal this time around and just celebrate the day with my kids because it's been a few years since we've done that and I was needing a change of pace.  Also, this year the kids will be going to school on Thanksgiving because they have their Christmas celebration that day and I just did not want to deprive them of that.

So things will be a little different this year, but I feel like in a very good way.  It makes me excited!  I am so ready for T-day.  I have my menu planned.  I have my schedule set.  And I am looking forward to a fun and relaxing day with my fam.

No comments: