Sunday, November 13, 2016

It's All Happening So Fast!

Yesterday I took the kids to the Lincoln Plaza Christmas event, although with all the traffic it took us over an hour to get to the mall so we missed the event completely.  Not to worry though, we made the most of our time there and did a bit of shopping, browsed the toy, Christmas decor and craft departments at the Universal Department store and then the kids got to enjoy some strawberry ice cream.  It turned out to be a fun night after-all.

It seems to me that as soon as Halloween passes, the Christmas season just thunders down on us as quickly as a downpour from out of nowhere.  And you better be prepared for it!  You might not need an umbrella but you will need a pocket full of cash for the season.

The kids finally made their wish lists and I have been picking up stocking stuffers here and there for the last few weeks.  So I am getting there with my shopping, somewhat.  It's going to be a smaller Christmas this year than last because financially we just can't afford to do the expensive gifts. Although last year, we did not get anything expensive for the kids at all and they still had an amazing Christmas, so it's not about the price for us.  It's about the experience.

I just feel so ill prepared this year compared to last, since I started earlier last year and had my Christmas fund set aside for the holidays.  But I tell you this, we will be having an amazing Christmas this year for sure.  I am excited and I cannot wait to finish up the bulk of my shopping so I can focus on the little things, like all our movie nights with hot chocolate and popcorn (Polar Express please!!!), baking goodies and making a few Christmas crafts.  Looking forward to a happy holiday season.












 

No comments: