Monday, October 30, 2023

An Emotional English Fest

 Another year, another English Fest and this one had me in my feels. Every year in October,  the kid's school puts on a massive production for parents, friends and classmates.  

The English Festival is a culmination of months of hard work. It's an event that showcases the talent of every student while also allowing kids to express themselves in a creative way. It's like a theater production, that includes acting and musical musings. 

The props are always insanely impressive,  the talent top notch and the show is always entertaining.  This year, my daughter's class knocked it out the park again with another amazing theatrical production.  Their ethereal theme included a story of inequality between two different "racial" groups, the earth and water people. 

When I tell you I had tears. The acting was on another level. Their talent is unmatched but that's not to say the other levels didn't also do a phenomenal job. I thoroughly enjoyed the event and look forward to the English Fest every year. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

My support for my daughter's theme, with a bit of nature in my hair while also supporting my son's pirate theme with my choice of outfit.


The Decor was impressive 


The fight scene, a dance number, was incredible. 


My son's Pirate theme had him dressed as the anime Pirate Luffy.


My daughter as an ethereal earth person. 


Our official welcome to the English Fest.


The Lilo and Stitch theme from the 7th graders


My daughter's theme, water vs earth.




      The mighty Luffy

It was an event to remember for sure and one for the books.


 

No comments: