Saturday, October 22, 2016

No Halloween?!!

Waaaahhhhh!!!  I don't think there are any kid friendly, FREE, Halloween activities for kids in Costa Rica this year that I can find online.  Last year we got lucky and Walmart had a fun Halloween event that we totally enjoyed.  But this year, so far, nada!  I want to do something fun with my kiddos for Halloween.  Waaaahhhhh!!!

Ok, so we live in Costa Rica.  Halloween is not the same here like it is in the States.  There is no general trick or treating.  Activities for kids are few and far between... unless you live in an expat neighborhood.  Alas, we don't so we have to search high and low for any Halloween related kid event.  Some years we get lucky and hit the jack pot, like last year.  This year, I am stumped to find anything that I am interested in.  There are a TON of events for adults.  A TON.  Because Costa Rican Halloween caters more towards the older crowd (weird I know).  I did find two kid friendly events online, but one is a zombie parade in downtown San Jose on a week day that I am not that into to be honest.  I tend to like more organized events with specific activities for kids.  The other was an event at a kid's yoga studio.  That seemed like it would be a ton of fun and got me all excited UNTIL I saw that the price per child to participate was like $30 bucks!!! No thank you.

Now I have been stalking the web and the Walmart website and Facebook page to see what else might be out there.  There are a lot of costumes and decor and party ideas available but no events sadly.  I am hoping something pops up pretty soon or we'll just be doing what we usually do.... nothing.  We do have a birthday party the Saturday before Halloween and the kids want to dress in costumes for that, which is what we usually tend to do when we go to parties right before Halloween. But I just wanted something Halloween related to to with the kiddos.  I am thisclose and so tempted to throw my own Halloween bash but from my experience in years past, I am just not gonna waste my time and energy.

The 31st of All Hallow's Eve falls on a Monday this year so any activity would have to be on the weekend prior.  Besides the birthday party, which has nothing to do with Halloween (but will allow the kids to use their costumes), there in nothing planned for Halloween this year for my family... so far.  Monday we just might get in the spirit and have a fun Halloween themed movie night.  And of course, as always kids will be decked out in their Halloween gear to celebrate the night.

UPDATE:  Yay!!! I finally FINALLY found a Halloween related kid friendly event to enjoy with my kiddos.  It's the Fantasy Day event at Lincoln Plaza Mall this coming Friday.  The kids will have so much fun on the moon-bounces, decorating treat bags, the face painting, trick or treating at the mall and then to finish it off, a costume contest.  And it's all FREE!!!  SCORE!!!!



No comments: