Friday, October 28, 2016

Thinking 'Bout Christmas

Yes, ya'll... it is THAT time of year again!  It is Christmas time.  It is the holiday season and it is officially Christmas season here in good ole Costa Rica, so yes, I have been thinking about Christmas.

Now, I am a person who LOVES the holiday season.  Everything:  the food, the fun, the family time. All the traditions.  I just love it.  I like to celebrate each holiday as they come, just simply enjoying that holiday and soaking in as much of it as I can.  So before I jump on the X-mas bandwagon, I would first like to get through Halloween.  But in Costa Rica, it is hard not to jump ahead and start prepping for Christmas even before October rolls around.  That is because Costa Ricans start their official Christmas season right after September 15.

The stores are all decked out in holiday gear.  They're advertising their Christmas specials to get people in the door and shopping.  And so people are shopping.  People are also already decorating their houses for the season.  Now, it is a bit early for me but it is nice to see and it gets me thinking ahead so I can be prepared.

I like to start shopping early, like September early.  But this year, I won't start shopping for Christmas until November because time has just passed me by so quickly.  Halloween is next week and before we know it, it will be November and Thanksgiving will be upon us.  That doesn't mean a lot to many Costa Rican's but it means a lot to me.  So while I like to celebrate each holiday as it comes, I know preparing for Christmas early is just the wise thing to do.  So I guess I better get cracking.  And so should you!!

No comments: