Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My New Job

So I mentioned last month that I had a new job. Well let me tell you just a bit about it.

On chance, hubby saw a job posting on Craigslist Costa Rica and asked me if I would be interested in applying. Now I was not interested in working, really, but the job sounded too perfect for me to pass up (and all that extra money!!!). I applied and got the job the very same day.

I applied for a number of reasons:
1) It was a work from home position, so I would still be home with the kids, essentially still a stay at home mom. No need for a babysitter or daycare; no need to leave my house and my kids.
2) The pay was decent... just the amount of extra money I needed (as I am saving up for my mom to come and visit in May.)
3) If the job didn't work out, I could always quit!

The position I applied for was as a virtual assisitant, basically an office manager position. However, due to my writing background, my boss asked if I would like to take on the position as in house editor for the company's website: writing content for the webpage and doing keyword research. Well, it's not my dream job, but it allows me to write so of course, I said yes.

I have been with the company now a month and so far, so good. I like the job and I like the flexibility. And most of all, I love the fact that I am still home. I get the best of both worlds: I get to be home and I get paid on top of that.

Hours are fulltime, from 7am CR time to 4 pm. I get an hour lunch and as many breaks as I can justify, without taking advantage. I have good days and lazy days. But for the most part, I am pretty productive in the job. I hope it works out for me, as I plan on being with the job for at least 6 months. From there I'll decide where to go and what to do.

So look at me, working. After being a full time stay at home mom for over 4 years in Costa Rica, I am now stretching my work muscles again. It feels nice!

No comments: