Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 20, 2011

Sunday, February 20th, I ran my second race: 11.5 K UNED Race in Sabanilla, San Jose. My time was 1 hour and 18 minutes, 35 seconds.

This time around I was with Hubby and a 'friend' (A's mom).

It was such a rush and so exciting. My adrenaline was pumping hard. I was so nervous and filled with emotions. I honestly didn't know if I would be able to run the whole race, after all, there were so many actual runners there. I thought I would have a much harder time than I did.

After the race, I wasn't even tired. As a matter of fact, near the end, when everyone else was slowing down I was speeding up, getting ready for my second wind.

I was not only able to keep a steady pace throughout the entire race, but I was also able to maintain my energy. In the end, I was so proud of myself for accomplishing such a feat.

There are a few more races Hubby and I would love to do: one this month and a couple more in May. I look forward to each one.

My goal was to do another race this year, now that I have done that, lets see if I can do a couple more.

No comments: