Wednesday, August 10, 2011

July Events

So July came and went, with no new blog posts. Why? Well, the first half of July was spent at the beach with my MOMMY!!!!!!!! And the second half, well, the 2nd half was spent recovering from all the events that happened from the first half of the month.

I was so excited to welcome my mom to Costa Rica for the very first time ever. She was able to meet 2 of her grandkids for the first time: Fatty and Princess. It had been 5 years since I had seen my mother and I planned a spectacular vacation for us to enjoy.

With just 2 weeks to spare, I wanted to make sure my mom had the time of her life. I wanted her to not just come to Costa Rica but to experience it as well. I wanted her to see the sights and I wanted her to feel relaxed. It was her first real vacation in heaven knows how long and with all the stress of living in Boston, lord knows she needed it.

We took her to Playa Tambor Beach Resort and stayed for 2 nights. After Tambor, we headed to Santa Teresa for a night. From Santa Teresa we headed out to Los Lagos Hotel and Resorts, a 4 hour ride but well worth it to soak in the volcanic thermal pools. The Arenal volcano and La Fortuna was a must see spot and Los Lagos hotel was a luxury that was well worth the price tag. Two nights at Los Lagos and my mom felt as if she was in heaven.

A brief stop at home for a few days to catch up on laundry, a quick trip to downtown and we were off again, this time to Puerto Viejo. The food, the people, the atmosphere: no wonder this beach town is my favorite vacation destination. We spent 2 nights in Puerto Viejo and it seemed too short.

As we wrapped up our vacation, we also got ready to bid my mom farewell, as her 2 weeks had come to an end. BUT I am happy to announce that she is more than ready to come back for another visit and I look forward to seeing my mommy again.


No comments: