Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Post A Little, Post A Lot

I have to say, the last few weeks have left me feeling drained.  Not that I don't have time to post but it is harder to find time to sit on the computer and do what I love (write/blog) because of my new baby.  Also, I have been hit with vicious stomach pains that sometimes leave me doubled over and unable to stand up straight. The pains started a few weeks ago and at first I thought they were uterine contraction pains come back to bite me in the ass.  Even my doctor thought the same.  After all the pain did feel like contractions and I had a lot of pressure in my nether region. But after a uterine ultrasound, that diagnosis was ruled out.

I found out from another doctor that I have a swollen colon.  My colon is inflamed, I have a lot of gas in my stomach and I am still anemic (this I just know).  I have been put on some medicines to help the swelling and with the gas. And I was also put on a strict diet.  I can no longer indulge in the foods I so love to indulge in, like fries and fried chicken, chocolate, ice-cream, cake or cookies.  I can have no dairy, nothing fried, nothing fatty or greasy, among other things like no broccoli, no tomatoes, no lettuce, no white bread, no beans, etc.

As difficult as being on this diet has been, and having to take meds, I am starting to feel better today as far as the pain goes.  I realized too, that to help with the pain I have to eat on time and around the clock (this is where the gas is coming from).  Hunger pains are a bitch so I have to try and avoid them as they make the pain worse.  Also, I am still taking my iron pills because my doctor wants to see me in a month after I take a blood test to check my iron, just to make sure I am not still severely anemic.  So I will be posting a little here and there, not posting as much as I would like.  I hate taking too much time between posts but life happens, so it is what it is.

On a positive note, I have lost 22 lbs so far... yay me.  Mainly due to breast feeding but also due to my poor dieting habits.  As many moms, especially new moms know, we do tend to forget to eat for most of the day. Most days I wouldn't get a chance to eat until nearly 3 pm.  This I must stop.  This is what contributed to the pains I have now (I am sure).  But I am hopeful that with the medicines I am on, the new diet and the new will to get back to normal, I will be myself again in no time.

No comments: