Saturday, December 13, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

In our family, we look forward to Thanksgiving every year; the Thanksgiving day parade on TV, football for some, and of course all that food!  It has become one of my favorite times of year.  And as per the norm, we celebrated Thanksgiving again this year and it was truly an amazing day.  Now, something traumatic did happen that day but it just reminded us of how blessed we are and how much we have to truly be thankful for.  

We had just over 20 guests for dinner and the food, as always, was spectacular.  We actually made 2 turkeys this year (I, of course, brined my turkey and it was super moist, super juicy, and super flavoRful as always).  I also made the majority of the sides: mac and cheese, green bean casserole, bbq carrots, cole slaw, tuna pasta salad, mashed potatoes, and potatoes gratin.  My mother in law made the rice, the refreshments and roasted the other turkey.  I also made a few desserts: my famous 7 layer magic bars, corn bread, banana bread, cheesecake squares, and apple pies.  And as usual, my guests also brought a few goodies to share: pumpkin pie, pecan pie (my favorite kind of pie), some sort of bread, ice cream and spaghetti.  It was a magical day all around... and by the end of the night, we were all stuffed, like turkeys!




My menu

 My turkey


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


I


No comments: