Thursday, July 7, 2016

And Another One

Did I mention how I've been sleeping lately?  Well, let me tell you... I have been sleeping wonderfully!  Wanna know why?  Because I stopped breastfeeding, that's why.  Who knew that the two were so closely related.   All the while I thought having my baby/toddler in my bed in close proximity would help me sleep better, it was just the exact opposite.  While I had me breastfeeding toddler in bed with me, I was waking up 2 to 3 times a night just so he could suckle.  It did not make for the best am's.

Soon after I stopped breastfeeding my *whispers* almost 3 year old,  Hubby and I decided that it was also time for him to move to his own room and sleep in his own bed, on his own!  Best decision we made on that front.  Not only did he sleep the entire night without so much as a peep but he woke up in the best mood ever.  It has been about a week and a half now since he started sleeping his own bed in his own room and he continues to sleep through the night and wake up cheery and bright eyed each morning.  I am still on cloud nine in disbelieve.  If I had know this was how it could have been, I would have transitioned him months ago.

Now, granted, there is a catch to this fairytale.  I still have to lie with him in my bed in my room at first to get his to fall asleep, which most nights that process takes roughly about 5 to 10 minutes tops.  But he won't actually go to bed on his own.  He still needs the comforts of mommy to fall asleep, which I am OK with for now.  Eventually, however, it would be ideal for him to have a set bedtime where he knows that is it time for bed and goes sleep in his own bed straight away.  I know we'll get there, hopefully soon.

But now however, I am just relishing in the fact that he actually sleeps in his own bed at night in his room and is sleeping soundly through the night.  That is more than enough for me so  I'll take it.

No comments: