Sunday, October 22, 2017

So Much Shopping

To say I love to shop is a bit of an understatement.  I mean, I literally could shop all day.  Well, maybe not an entire day but pretty much shopping for me can take hours.  It's like a marathon where I think I must hit as many stores in a certain amount of time.  It's just so much fun.  Plus it gets even better when I shop clearance sales.  Bargain hunting gives me such a high, when I know I am saving money while I shop.

So far, as it stands, this being October 22, I have completed my Christmas shopping for my 4 year old.  I also pretty much bought all the stocking stuffers for my older kids, minus about 3 items for my 17 year old.  I think that is pretty damn good seeing as I still have just over 2 months until Christmas.  Shop 'till you drop?  Yes, I could do that. 

I went to about 4 different toy stores, 3 department stores, and a few Dollar Tree type stores for all my loot and I got a great deal on pretty much all the gifts I got.  I feel so good right now, like I've accomplished some great feat.  I feel ready for the holiday season.  I still have more shopping ahead of me but I know I can get it all done before time runs out.  Christmas will not sneak up on me this year and I won't be stressed out searching for last minute gifts.  I will be prepared, ready to conquer my list.

I have to say, it does help not having an enormous list to get through.  My kids will not be getting an extravagant amount of gifts nor will I be spending an enormous amount of money on said gifts.  A few gifts under the tree to unwrap, about 6 or so.  And then about 10 stocking stuffer gifts per child.  I set a budget of about $200 this year for each of my 4 children, which gives me an overall budget of $800 total for all their gifts this Christmas.  I think that's a reasonable amount to spend on the kids.  It is about double what I've spent the last couple of years but we all know the saying, as the kids get older their gifts tend to get more expensive so I am bracing myself for that. 

I have their lists and have been shopping around to get the best deals so I can stay on budget.  Now, saying that, the budget is all relative.  I would love very much to come in under budget if at all possible but I could more than likely go over.  I won't beat myself up if that happens.  As long as I know I got the best deals for the gifts I bought, that will make me happy.  Plus, seeing my kids reaction to the presents on Christmas is what it's all about and makes it all worth while. 

No comments: