Sunday, September 29, 2013

1 Month Old

Today my little mister is one month old.  I cannot believe how fast time is flying and how big my baby is getting.  He has already changed so much: chubbier cheeks, darker skin, "taller".  Yesterday was his last day wearing his preemie onsies as they were starting to get a little too snug.  He now fits into his newborn onsies perfectly and even a few 0-3 month sleepers fit him just right, when before he was swimming in them.

I am in disbelief how much I love this child.  I know the pregnancy started out rough but there are days I actually miss being pregnant and feeling him inside (not to mention how safe I knew he was inside the womb: he was sick the last few days with a cold and is just now feeling better).  I was loving being a mom to older kids before but now that I have a newborn baby, I want to relish in he moment of having a baby.  I want to just enjoy him and not wanting to rush his growing up.  I just want to live in the now, live in the moment.  I am done trying to rush my kids growing up, waiting for my life to begin, waiting to "start living". This IS my life and I AM living it.  I am a mother and I am loving every minute of it.  I can't believe how easily this baby has slipped into our hearts and fit into our lives.

I am just so in awe of this baby.  Everyday is a new day with him and a beautiful day at that.  He is just so stinking cute and everything he does makes me smile.  I am taking it all in and loving every minute of it: the sleepless nights, the mountain of poopy diapers, the many times he's peed on me, the nursing sessions (which have gotten so much easier now that we have established some kind of routine) and even his crying. And his brothers and sister are so in love with him as well.  They just love the new addition to our family.  I cannot put into words just how much more wonderful my life has gotten with my miracle baby boy.  Here's to life as a mommy of 4.


A few hours old at the hospital

4 days old... 1st time in his bouncy seat... not a fan LOL



9 days old.  Sucking his finger... something he does when he's hungry

9 days old





10 days old




11 days old

                                      
having some one on one big bro and baby bro time

2 weeks and 3 days old



No comments: