Friday, November 29, 2013

Baby A Is Three Months

Well, it is one day after Thanksgiving, which was amazing by the way, and baby A is 3 months old.  He is getting so big so fast.  He is so much more animated.  He smiles all the time and is starting to coo and "talk" a lot more.  He plays a lot more now and actually plays with his toys and a few stuffies (stuffed animals).

Let me tell you, the sound a baby makes when he is trying to talk, to himself or to others, is the most amazing sound in the world.  I just love talking to him and playing with him to solicit a response.  I've been putting him on his playmat a lot more now, for playtime and tummy time and he seems to enjoy it more and more.  The colors and toys stimulate him now like they never really did before and he so wants to grab them.  He reaches out for them sometimes, which is hilarious.

He is of course, still exclusively breastfed, but I am going to try and give him a pacifier.  I want to do this ONLY because I want to see if it will help him with his naptime.  As I've blogged before, he is not the best napper.  He sleeps great at night, thankfully, but during the day, he prefers to sleep with me.  And if I don't sleep with him, he won't take very good naps or very long naps or even nap at all.  This sometimes makes for a cranky baby, although not that often.  So I want to try and see if he'll take a pacifier to soothe himself during the day, which may or may not help him nap better without mommy.  Not sure if it'll work. I have never had an exclusively breastfed baby take a pacifier.  And the one baby that I had that took a pacifier became so attached to the damn thing, it was  pain to take it away from him at 17 months old.

If he doesn't take a paci, no big deal, he can still use me and my boob as one.  If he does, I will only give it to him during nap times, which I hope will help with the dependency issues.  We'll see.  Also, as usual, I took a few 3 month pictures of the little guy.  I hope some of them are frame worthy since I decided to forgo the "professional" 3 month photo session and do the pics on my own.

A few "fun" pics to get started

He loves his playmat


Trying to eat baby Big bird


Big bro love









Tummy time









Pictures I want to professionalize






3 month photo 'contender':  this might get framed






"Tired of taking pics?"






Finally, a smile: another frame worthy pic








No comments: