Monday, August 25, 2014

Princess, The Gymnastic Queen

Princess had her very first gymnastic competition on August 10 and I am bursting at the seams to announce that not only did she do her very best, but she did THE best in her category.  Princess won first place in her age group and skill set.

It was a beautiful day for a competition and even though she was nervous, we couldn't tell once she hit the mats.  She did everything almost perfectly (her toes were pointed just right and she landed her jumps without mistakes).  

Granted, she is not one of THOSE gymnasts but she is learning and she proved just how much at the competition.  When her age group was called and the categories announced, I just knew in my heart that she was meant to be up there receiving a medal.  As a matter of fact, right after her routine, I said I thought she should win.  I just knew she deserved it.  Not to say that the other girls didn't also do a spectacular job... because they did.  But as soon as they called her name for the first place medal, I went loco.  Yes, I was one of THOSE moms... I couldn't help it, I was super proud of her (and would have been proud of her either way, win or no win).  

With her first competition under her belt and the taste of victory still sweet, Princess has expressed her desire to compete... really compete.  She has expressed her interest in competition before because like she put it, "I want to win a trophy".  But now, more than ever, she is amped up to hit the competition circuit.  She still has a ways to go and lots to learn but if gymnastics turns out to be her passion, then I will allow her to continue to persue her dreams until she decides when to stop.






No comments: