Monday, August 25, 2014

JC (my little fatty)

Well, it's official... JC is no longer my baby (well, you know what I mean... after all, he IS about to be 6 years old in less than a month).  BUT, he has lost his very first tooth and it happened out of nowhere on August 9th.

I cannot believe how fast my little boy is growing up.  It makes me happy to see him grow into such a big, strong, healthy boy from my tiny little baby yet it makes me sad to see him growing up so fast and becoming his own independent human being.  Oh, the woes of parenthood (or are mother's the only ones that feel this way... father's seem to want their kids, their sons especially, to grow up).

I am proud to see him come out of his shell as well.  Since starting kindergarten, he has gained more confidence, made friends and become more self assured.  His teacher has expressed to me how impressed she is at his transformation in the months since the beginning of the school year in February to now.  Even I am amazed.  

He is most defintely a big boy now but even so, he is still my baby boy.  



Toothless but ruthless... hehehehe.  His first tooth.









No comments: