Saturday, June 25, 2016

A Breath Of Fresh Air

For the first time in months, maybe even years, I can breathe a sigh of relief and take a huge gulping breath of fresh air in regards to the future of my family.

Things are looking up for my hubby and his career, as he finally made the professional leap and is quite content at his job, which holds so much promise.  He loves the atmosphere, the professional feel and the laid back attitude.  Not to mention he has the option of working from home two to three days a week.

The kids are doing splendidly well at school, with report cards showing all three passing their classes with ace grades.  Just yesterday, my princess competed in her first ever 'real' competition on a sub-national level at the second annual English Festival.  She did an amazing job and is already looking forward to next years competition.

As for me, well, things are going well.  I have finally made peace with my inner cheapskate and have made a promise to stop being so afraid of spending money where it actually counts.  I'm tired of getting the cheaper option because I have to, because I need to stretch a dollar into $3.  I can finally get the nicer face cream (even though it is still a battle for me), and the nicer cuts of meat.  Not to say we were desolate before and couldn't afford such things but I was just too cheap and always thought why spend $6 when I could a similar, less expensive option.  And well, sometimes the less expensive option is that way for a reason.  Not that I am out there blowing big bucks of crap just because... we still have to be frugal and wise with our money and spending.  After all, we need to save to buy our car.

Which brings me to my last refresher.  We are finally serious about getting that bigger family car we've been after for so long.  We need a car that fits our entire family and a nicer car that runs well enough to get us around where we need to go.  Hubby's car has been very reliable over the years but it is time to retire his 20 year old 5 seater Honda sedan and trade up to something bigger, newer and more modern.  And with the looks of this this year so far, fingers crossed, we are closer to that dream than ever before.  Like aIsaid, I can finally take a nice big breath of fresh air.  And breathe in the positive changes coming our way.

No comments: