Friday, June 10, 2016

Me Time vs Date Night

As a parent, more specifically as a mom, me time is extremely important.  All your free time usually goes to your kids, your house and everything else in between: running errands, chores, school related things.  So after a long and trying week that left me feeling sick, literally, I decided that this weekend I will be taking a much deserved and well needed break from my family and having some me time.  Time for myself.  I will no be running errands.  I will be going to a salon and most likely getting a pedicure, something I have been wanting to do for a long time. A little bit of pampering for the feet and the soul.

I remember before I had baby #4, I was able to squeeze in me time a lot more often, as the kids were a little older and I had more time away from them to just be me.  I know that time will come again as my toddler gets older, but I have to steal away a few moments here and there on occasion, for my health and sanity.

As important as me time is, as a part of a married couple I can't forget that I have a husband and I have to try and make time for him as well. We parents are stretched so thin these days.  We have to have time for everything and everyone: the hubs, the kids, the house, friends, you name it.  There really is not enough time in a week, literally.  But again, we must carve out that precious time.  So again, hubby and I will be going on a much deserved date night, NO KIDS, this weekend as well, after I have had some me time of course.

We have to remember that as much as we take care of everyone else, we have to also take care of ourselves and I can forget that sometimes.  Me time and date nights, with your partner, are fun but also crucial to a healthy and happy home life.  When you are happy, everyone around you is happy.  When you're not stressed about dinner or laundry, your kids and partner feel at ease and comfortable.  And your home environment seems a happier place.  I need to get there.  I need time away, as much as I love my family.  Me time is something I'll be implementing at least once a month from now on.  As for date night, I think we can manage that once a month as well, to come together, bond and rekindle that old high school romance.... never letting that flame die.  Because once our kids get older and leave the nest, all that is is left is me and hubby:  we need to keep that spark and connection alive.

No comments: