Friday, February 24, 2017

Job Hunt

I decided (not so recently), that maybe I'd like to get a job.  Not really because I WANT to or am in some desperate need to be a working mom.  I actually love not having to work.  But I thought it would be nice to start helping out just a little bit financially.

I am not ready for a 9-5, steady, full time Monday to Friday gig;  I am a mom and I have kids.  Not to mention I have responsibilities that prevent me from getting a normal, regular old job.  I need a job that can work with my schedule and allow me to still be a mom.  Lately, I've searched the web (well honestly I've searched just one site) for work from home positions that are flexible, mainly part-time and require very little experience or skill-set (I have been out of the job market for quiet some time).

I never imagined it would be so hard to get these jobs to respond to my emails.  The jobs are there, plentiful even, but not one of the jobs I applied to have responded to me.  Not by phone, not by email, not even by Skype.  I find it odd as I have never had an issue in the past, hearing back from a job online... I'm usually bombarded with replies and requests.  I feel like it's a sign... maybe I am not meant to be working, even if it is from home, at this time.  So I'll wait and I guess when the perfect job comes along, I'll know, because they'll actually get in touch with me.


No comments: