Saturday, May 20, 2017

Date Night With My Baby

Technically, my 17 year old son is not a baby anymore, he's practically a grown man.  But to me, he will always be my baby and last night we had one of the best mother son date nights ever.

With 4 kids, it's not easy finding quality time that I can spend with each kid individually.  Especially since my oldest is getting ready to one day soon leave the nest, it's important I spend that time with him so we can have that lasting bond.  I have to say, I'm pretty lucky that at 17 years old, he doesn't mind being seen out in public with his mommy.

So as a treat to show him how much he means to me and how important our relationship is, I took him out on a spur of the moment date night, just the two of us.  We headed to Lincoln Plaza where we had dinner at Smash Burger, a restaurant we'd never tried before (the food was pretty satisfying).

After browsing the shops and strolling about the mall for a bit, we went to the movie theater where we watched Alien Covenant (which was pretty entertaining).  And of course, we had to get popcorn.

Then to top of the night, I treated my big boy to a drink at Starbucks (cookies and cream), while I had a mint cappuccino at Pops and a huge cinnamon roll from Cinnabon (which I took home and shared with my other kids).

It was truly a night to remember.  A night filled with food and fun, laughter and meaningful conversation.  That is what I would call a successful date night with my son.  I hope I can implement some sort of outing with each of my kids at least once a month.  After all, in a world filled with strife, it's always good to come back to the simple things, like spending quality time with the people you love most.

No comments: