Sunday, November 26, 2017

Black Friday In Costa Rica

Black Friday and Black Friday deals have gotten better over the years in Costa Rica and that's good news for consumers, like myself, who look for deep discounts on gifts for the holiday season.  A few years ago, Black Friday didn't even exist and now not only is Black Friday a big deal in this country it has expanded to more than just Friday.   A lot of stores have Black weekend, where their deals last the entire Black Friday weekend.  Some stores take it even further and have discounts the entire month of November.

In my opinion, that is good news for customers who want to shop but are on a limited budget.  It means we can buy much more for around the same price due to the savings.  Some merchandise can be discounted as far as 70%.  That is a significant savings when you're shopping for a large family. 

I decided to try my luck at the Black Friday sales again this year and it did not disappoint.  Not everything I was looking to purchase was included in the sales, but I was able to save 20% to 40% on a couple of items I was planning on buying anyway for Christmas.  That means I was able to get the gifts I wanted at a discounted price.  Who doesn't love a good deal?  The princess of bargain hunting does (yes, that's me).

Now, the negative Nancies will say that they jack up the price beforehand so they can pretend to lower them to fool the customers into thinking they are really getting a good deal.  Maybe so, maybe that really is the case.  But when I see a fur vest my daughter has been lusting over a few weeks beforehand for $50 regular price and I purchase that exact same vest a few weeks later on Black Friday for $30, I will take it.  A deal is a deal and paying $30 is way better than paying $50.  That's $20 in my pocket I can use for something else, which I did.  With that extra $20 savings, I was able to buy a Casio watch for my husband that was $30 regular price down to $20 in the Black Friday sale.  SCORE!!!

However you look at Black Friday, whether you love it and all the money you can save or you think it's a ploy, it is still a good way for businesses to get customers through the door.  In these times, you have to do whatever you need to do to make that money and make that sale.  And it that means slashing prices up to 70%, so be it.  Customers will be happy and people like me can get the most bang for their buck on a budget.

No comments: