Monday, February 12, 2018

The New Academic Norm

Well, kids finally went back to school after an amazing 2 months of 'summer' break.  It was a truly brand new experience for all of us on the very first day, not just because it was the start of a new school year but also because it was a brand new school as well.

With a new school, new teachers and having to make new friends, I knew the kids would need to take some time getting adjusted.  The hardest part though is getting used to the new schedule.  The kids now get a complete day of school starting at 7am and ending at around 2:20.  For my kids, that is a long day compared to what they're used to. Normally, they would start a school day at 7 and be completely done by 12.

I am hoping for the best year for all the kids in 2018.  Everyone is beginning a new and important phase in their academic careers.  My high schooler finally made it to 10th grade.  My two middle ones are finding their footing in a new school.  And my baby is now at pre-school.

Having to deal with all these 'changes' has not been all that bad.  Yes, my 4 year old did cry and had to be carried into his classroom by the teacher on the first day but he now likes going to school.  It's just all about finding a way to adjust.  Having all 4 kids in school is definitely a big change for me as well.  But I can't say I'm complaining.


No comments: