Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Just For The Fun Of It

On the Friday of the second day back to school and the completion of the week, I decided to take the kids out for a celebratory treat.  Since their new school is now centrally located to quite a few restaurants, we had a few to choose from.  One restaurant in particular had been on our list of places to try so I thought it was our chance to go and check it out.

Just as a threesome, we headed to Papa John's Pizza for a quick after school pick-me-up.  On that Friday my middle kids got out early so it was as best a time as any.  Plus it was Friday, the start of the weekend and the end of the new back to school week.  I thought the kids deserved a little something special. And if I am being honest, I was still trying to ease the blow for them starting a brand new school.

If you have ever started a new school, you know how tricky it can be to make new friends.  Trying to fit in with kids who already have their alliances formed since the 1st grade.  Having to get used to a new set of school rules and a new school setting.  I thought Papa John's was as good a way as any to close out the week and get the kids excited for the new upcoming school year.




No comments: