Thursday, May 30, 2019

An Impromptu Day Out/Saturday At The Amusement Park

We don't usually go to the amusement park in the middle of the school year.  Even though it's not that far, we don't just go to the park for no reason.  We tend to go if we have to attend a birthday party or more traditionally, we go to celebrate New Years Eve.  But to go to the amusement park just for the heck of it never happens. 

So it was quite the surprise when we headed to the amusement park last Saturday for a day out.  It certainly was something different to do on a weekend.  And it was absolutely perfect.  The day was beautiful, warm and sunny.  The park was far from crowded and there were barely any lines, some rides had no lines at all. 

Now, I would not normally just plan a day to the amusement park for no reason.  The reason for our out of the ordinary Saturday activity was because my daughter was gifted a free pass to the park for a job well done in a math club. Armed with one free pass, all I had to do was pay for my 5 year old to accompany us on our adventure (sadly my 10 year old was not feeling well that day so he stayed home).  To be honest, at first, I was not really looking forward to going to the amusement park but I ended up having the best day with the kids.  We spent about 4 hours at the park soaking up the sun and riding all the fun rides (my kids, not me).  It totally changed my mindset and now I'll think about heading to the park once in awhile out of the blue just for kicks in the off season. 





No comments: