Monday, August 17, 2020

Stuck In A Bubble

I know I live in a fantasy world sometimes, a world that exists only in my own mind. It's a place I can escape to, especially when life gets to be too hard.  This world keeps me sheltered and in a bubble and sometimes unaware of the real world around me.  In my bubble, life is great.  Actually life is not only great, it's damn near perfect. And in my bubble, the only limits I have to what I want is my imagination. In my world, we have no financial worries or troubles.  Anything we want, we get and we spread the love to others.  We have the house of our dreams, the car of our desires and travel isn't a wish it's a reality.  

But although my fantasy life is wonderful, I have to admit that my real life is also pretty amazing as well.  I honestly cannot complain, especially in these trying times.  Knowing everything that's going on right now, I am truly blessed with the life we have.  We have money to pay our bills.  Hubby still has his job for now and we have a house and a car.  Life may not be perfect but it's perfectly wonderful as we have so much to be thankful for.

I sometimes forget how little others have because we get so caught up in showing off and keeping up with everyone else .  While dreaming for even more, I have to remind myself how nice my real life must seem to someone who doesn't have as much.  People have been homeless and jobless and starving for years, it's nothing new.  And I try to help in any way I can.  But with this Covid 19 pandemic, all the troubles of the world has multiplied and even more people are homeless, jobless and starving.  Hundreds have lost their jobs, their homes and are finding it difficult to feed their families.  Basic necessities aren't being met and it makes me sad.  So while I have my life to be thankful for, I recognize the hardships others are facing and try to find ways to help.  My bubble might keep me in a fantasy world sometimes but when I leave, I ask for help for those in need.  I look forward to a much happier tomorrow filled with hope and promise.

No comments: