Monday, February 15, 2021

Valentine's Day Treats

 It was a day like any other except that maybe the food was extra bomb and there were more treats to be had. Valentine's day was not that much different than a regular day and that was fine by me.

I do like to acknowledge the day because it's fun. In recent years, hubby and I have gone out on date night and exchanged gifts. I've even done the Valentine's gift exchange with the kid's classmates and given my kids a special treat to mark the occasion.

This year, we kept it simple as per usual and stayed home. But I did get the kids some pizza and garlic parmesan bread sticks from Papa Johns.



I also gave them their special Valentine's day gift, an m&m chocolate bar each. I even made a special dinner, a delicious meal of Jamaican style oxtails and rice and peas. It was a pretty low key day but a memorable day for sure.


Hubby even got me a gift and the kids and I watched a bit of the Charlie Brown Valentine's Day special. 




It was the perfect no fuss family day, simple and fun. Just the way I like to celebrate. 

No comments: