Friday, April 22, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray!!!! Some Good News

So remember last year, all the posts about Boobie not doing so 'hot' in school. He got so many negative notes home from his teachers about his lack of attentiveness, his horsing around in class and just not doing his work. He barely passed the year, which left me on the edge. All year, it was a constant battle with him, an ongoing struggle to get him to 'buckle down' and get his act together.

Well, guess what? He finally got his act together. I guess he's "done gone and grown up on me" (in my most proud voice). So far this school year, he has been doing awesome, I can hardly believe it. No negative notes home, no more complaints from his teachers. He is actually paying attention in class, doing his work, listening and participating in class and get this: PASSING ALL HIS EXAMS!

I bumped into his 4th grade teacher from last year, who happens to be his English teacher this year. She is so amazed with Boobie's transformation. In her words, Boobie has 'matured'. She doesn't know what happened over the summer break, but Boobie is a changed man and she likes the new improved Boobie. He's actually 'present' in class now, not off doodling in his Mario fairyland.

And of course I let Boobie know just how proud I am of his accomplishments and remind him every day to keep up the good work. After all, it is only just 3 months into the school year. But I am hoping he can keep this up. And with all his good grades, I dare say, he might end up being able to buy the Nintendo 3ds before Christmas. : )

Now if only I could get him to change that pre-teen angst attitude at home, I would be in mommy heaven!!!

No comments: