Friday, June 17, 2011

Potty Training Part Deux

So I had to bite the damn bullet and start seriously potty training Fatty. He is well over 2, knows the ins and outs of a toilet and can speak. Plus he would always hide when he went to do his business. Potty time, 'nuff said.

For a while now, I'd been wanting to potty train him but no one looks forward to this task. It's the dreaded must do chore that no parent wants to actually do. But after a few failed attempts, I knew I had to get to it. I tried before a few months back, with no success and gave up after 2 days of no progress. I choked it up to him not being ready but really, it was just me being lazy.

This time around, I am sticking it out. We're on day 7 and so far, he does pee pee just fine. He's even gotten to the point of letting me know when he has to go. I ask him about, oh, every 5 minutes or so if he has to go potty.

He's had his accidents (most memorable: peeing in the corner of the shoe store his first day of training while mommy shopped for new kicks, LOL).

I have come thisclose to giving up, after his 5th day of pooping in his underwear. No matter what, he seems hell bent on not doing number 2 in the potty. I don't get it though. Pee pee in the potty? Fine. Poo poo, no way! I want him trained (at least day time trained) by tomorrow. Yeah, I don't know if that will happen. A girl can dream *sigh*

I thought he would get the potty thing down and on lock in 3 days like Boobie and Princess. But not Fatty. He's a stubborn one. I am still waiting for the big poo to hit the pan... literally.

I am proud of him though; he's making progress and for now, that's good enough. I know eventually he'll do the big DOO in the potty and that will be cause for celebration.

No comments: